Friday, February 12, 2010

Fabricated Seashells

One major assignment that we are going to do for sculptor class through the semester for a course of ten weeks is collecting objects and documenting them. We are required to collect a minimum of 33 objects unless the professor tells us otherwise and document these objects three times a week by taking photographs.The objects that I have chosen for this project is seashells, because ever since I was a little girl I have had a fondness of going to the beach, lake, or even stores collecting seashells.

However, my professor Mrs. Willcock wants me to have 100 fabricated seashells. So instead of having real seashells I have made 100 ceramic shells. In which I made them look like seashells that I have collected over the years. So after baking all the ceramic shells I spray painted them with colors of white and red, this gave all the shells a pink and white look to them. Also the spray paint gave the ceramic seashells a glossy look, making them look more like real seashells. Some of the ceramic shells do have drops of green on them because I wanted to try green spray paint as well, but I didn't like the effect it had on them as much as the white and pink did. So for the course of the next 10 weeks I will be posting pictures of my ceramic seashells.

No comments:

Post a Comment