Monday, April 26, 2010

Project 5 " Create an Award for Yourself"













For project five my professor Mrs. Willcocks, instructed us students to create an award for ourselves that has to represent us as individuals in some way. Also we where to use one source material to create our award.
So for my one source material I choice to use cardboard. Cardboard is a material that is easily found in the garage at my home, which once was originally used for car parts, kitchen attire, or other art supplies. The cardboard box that I choice to make my award from is from a box that once held our garbage disposal.;D Although cardboard isn't the most functional material to make something look professional, I knew I could make everything by hand with it.
My award I chose to make a carousel. I've always been partial to horses since I was a child, my family and I even had two horses of our own when I was a child, their names "Stormy and Shillow!" All through my childhood years I would always dress up as a cowgirl, and play with plastic horses. So with my obsession with horses, whenever I would go to Disneyland with my family I would ride the carousel over and over again until my parents would get tired of watching me ride it and drag me off the next ride.
Originally my idea for my award was to create a ceramic horse with scenic paintings all over it, but my professor along with the rest of the students in my sculptor class said this wasn't a good enough idea. My professor suggested how about I make a carousel. So the idea of creating a carousel came from my professor Mrs. Willcocks. However, I chose the material and I chose to make the carousel to be functional to spin. Also most of the scenes on this carousel are previous versions of paintings I've made in the past, and also scenes that relate to my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment